So far, we have:
- Developed a statement of need which outlines the liturgical, building and human factors that led us to considering the possibility of renewing our church building
- Engaged parishioners in a survey and parish meeting to learn more about our vision, values and hopes for our parish community
- Developed a concept for the renewal of our church building
- Visited renovated churches around Sydney, and
- Engaged in formation and reflection on aspects of church buildings and liturgical celebrations
Our meeting next Sunday will be lead by our liturgical advisor, Fr Stephen Hackett MSC. After a short review of the process so far, we will start to look at the suggestions made by parishioners so far, as well as the liturgical and theological principles that form the basis of any church renewal project.
Part of this meeting may also give us the opportunity to set some priorities for the renewal of the church building. Our intention is that over the remainder of this year, a formal design brief can be developed that will articulate exactly what we envisage for our church into the future.
Once again, this is your opportunity to make your contribution to the process of renewing our church. Make sure you send in your reply so we can have lunch ready for you!
Remember that you can keep track of the church renewal process at www.olmcwenty.org.au/renovation