for those continuing in their ministry
Using the DVD resource Become One Body, One Spirit in Christ, view the video Acolytes, Lectors and Readers
- This is accessed on the resource via: Main Menu > Crafting the Art of Liturgy > Liturgical Ministries > Roles of the Liturgical Assembly > Acolytes, Lectors and Readers
- Ask yourself: What is it that Fr Paul McPartlan says the Minister of the Word has the responsibility for doing in terms of preparation?
- Read (either in conjunction with the DVD resource, or instead of the DVD if you cannot gain access to it), article 55 of the General Introduction to the Lectionary for Mass
Spiritual preparation and technical preparation are both important
How can we prepare spiritually for the task of proclaiming the Word of God?
- Read the handout on the ABC Method of Preparing Scripture (link below)
- Take a preparation sheet for an upcoming Sunday
- Using these materials, try reading and reflecting on the scripture texts for that Sunday using the ABC method