for those continuing in their ministry
One strategy we have identified to help achieve our parish vision is
Extending welcome to new parishioners and all who come to worship
Research and experience tell us people’s sense of feeling welcome at Mass is integral to a positive experience of liturgy. People want to engage in liturgical celebrations where they feel a sense of belonging to a community. The manner in which ministers carry out their ministry has a profound effect on people’s sense of welcome, and thus to their belonging to the Body of Christ in this place and at this time.
- Think about a time where a minister’s actions during the liturgy affected your experience of the celebration in a negative way.
- What did they do, or not do, that gave you that sense?
- Now think about a time where a minister’s actions during the liturgy affected your experience of the celebration in a positive way.
- What was different on this occasion?
- What could you apply from this to your own ministry?